Advantages and Usage Matters of Radial Snow Tires
1. The advantages of radial snow tires
(1) Large ground contact area, good adhesion performance, small tread slip, and low unit pressure on the ground, so the rolling resistance is small and the service life is long.
(2) The tire crown is thick and has a hard belt, which is not easy to puncture; the deformation is small when driving, which can reduce fuel consumption by 3% to 8%.
(3) Because the number of plies is small and the sidewall is thin, its radial elasticity is large, cushioning performance is good, and load capacity is large.
(4) Good heat dissipation performance, adaptable to high temperature and high speed driving.
2. Matters needing attention when using radial snow tires
(1) Tire assembly: Radial snow tires cannot be mixed with other tires on the same vehicle, especially not allowed to be used on the same axle with other tires.
(2) Tire pressure: radial snow tires must be inflated according to the specified standards. When its inflation pressure is the same as that of a normal tire, it will appear to be under-inflated.
(3) Vehicle toe: When the car's front wheels are modified from ordinary tires to radial snow tires, the toe should be reduced accordingly.
(4) Driving operation: When driving a vehicle equipped with radial tires, start slowly, brake steadily, slow down when turning, crossing or driving on uneven roads. Overtaking should choose to overtake on the road with wide ground and do not hit the steering wheel sharply.
(5) Protect the carcass: radial tires have thin sidewalls, large deformations, and are easily scratched.