Several Tips for Maintaining Crane Tires
Recently, many crane operators are worried about crane tire maintenance, because they don't have much experience in it. They always feel helpless about how to deal with the problems, and for some severe problems, it's too late to solve. This is our special introduction - tire maintenance. To help crane operators to maintain their equipment better, we will share some maintenance tips for tires with you.
Wheels and tires are important components of the crane driving system, together they support the mass of the vehicle and mitigate the impact load transmitted by the road. The adhesive action between the tire and the road provides the driving force and braking force for the car, generating a lateral force that balances the steering centrifugal force of a car so that it can turn smoothly, it also can make the wheel hub can stay straight driving through the auto-righting torque generated by the tires.
Ⅰ. Crane tires wear too much and the pattern is too shallow, which is extremely dangerous for driving
In addition to the overworn tires is easy to burst, but also makes the handling stability of the crane deteriorate. Especially when you driving at high speed on rainy days, the tire will appear water slipping phenomenon due to the water cannot being discharged from the tire, causing the crane to lose control. The tendency to water slip will be more serious if the pattern is shallower.
Ⅱ. It is vital to check the pressure of crane tires (include the spare tire)
Tire pressure is insufficient, resulting in tire overheating, due to uneven tire ground area causing uneven wear or rapid shoulder and side wear, shortening the service life of the tire. In the meanwhile, rolling resistance and fuel consumption increase will affect the control of the vehicle, the worst case will cause traffic accidents. Tire pressure is too high so that the body weight is concentrated in the tire center, resulting in rapid wear of the tire center, it not only shorten the service life of the tire but also reduces the comfort of the vehicle.
Ⅲ. Tire is an important safety part of the crane
Almost all the driving performances of the car are related to the tire, therefore, the maintenance of the tire combined with the maintenance of the vehicle should be implemented compulsively. The classification and period of tire maintenance are the same as vehicle maintenance, including routine maintenance, primary maintenance, and secondary maintenance.
Ⅳ. Primary maintenance project of crane tires
1. Tighten the tire nut, check whether the inflating valve is leaking and the valve cap is complete, if you found it damaged or missing, you should repair or complement it immediately.
2. Dig out the stones and debris in the tire clamp stones and patterns, you should fill it with raw rubber if there are some deep holes, especially for the radial tire. If you do not repair it in time after the puncture, the water will go into the tire body and rust the steel cord, causing early damage.
3. Check crane tire wear condition. If there is abnormal tire wear, bulging, deformation, or other phenomenons, you should find out the cause and eliminate it.
4. If the inspection of the crane tire interior is required, you should disassemble it and repair it in time if there is any damage.
5. Check whether the matching, rim, retainer ring, or lock ring of the crane tire can work regularly.
6. Check the pressure of the crane tire (including the spare tire) and complement it according to standard.
7. Check whether the crane tire scratches with another mechanism, spare tire rack is intact and tight, it should be eliminated if it does not meet the requirements.
8. Change the tire one time to maintain tire tread pattern worn even when it is necessary (such as unilateral partial wear serious).
Ⅴ. Secondary maintenance project of crane tires
Disassemble the tire, measure the tread pattern wear, circumference, and tread width change according to the tire standard, as the basis of transposition and matching.
Ⅵ. Disassembly inspection of crane tires
1. Whether there are internal injury, delamination, bulging, deformation, and other phenomenons in the crane tire crown, shoulder, side, and inside the tire.
2. Whether there is a bite wrinkle phenomenon on crane tire inner tube and pad, whether the valve nozzle and valve core are intact.
3. Whether the crane tire rim, retaining ring, and lock ring are deformation and corrosion, you should paint it according to the different situations.
4. Check whether there is excessive wear or crack phenomenon in the bolt hole of the crane tire rim.
5. Carry out the assembly and air inflation after eliminating the breakdowns found by the disassembly inspection; a dynamic balance test of tires should be carried out for high-speed vehicles. Change the tires as required. If there is abnormal tire wear or damage, you should find out the cause and eliminate it.